Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday Swim



Thought we'd test these waters out before the big race with our new recruit and triathlon veteran, Tommy. He is Joseph's little bro and therefore a silly LeBaron (see picture above).

Let me just say, that water at 8:30 am was cold. I had to adjust to it for several minutes before I could even put my face in it. But it was fun to be the only people up there this morning. Nothing like a brisk swim to start the day!

**Tried out my new tri-shorts--and I am loving them. We'll see if I feel the same after riding my bike in them (the padding is quite slim...)

***Thanks for the advice on my bike tires today Dad--so glad you know stuff like that because I do not!


10 comments:

Heidi said...

Do you have to wear a wetsuit for the actual race? To me it was a big pain to have to peel off after the swim, however it did keep me much warmer while swimming!

So fun, I am feeling antsy to do a tri, but I just know it is not going to happen while I have a newbie.

Krista said...

You brave girl! Chilly waters are my nemisis. I'm glad Tommy and Mary could go too.

Anonymous said...

A LeBaron swim party! You are brave to jump in that water. Maybe on race day you will have more adrenaline and won't notice it as much.

Mariposa said...

cares, that WAS a cold swim!! It definitely made me realize that I have A LOT of swim practice ahead of me before 8-14. yikes!!

Heidi C said...

Good luck on your tri. The swimming was the scarriest part for me but I as glad I did it. And now I am a bit envious as I have a large sixth month pregnancy belly.

Heidi C said...

I know I just left a message but one word of advice I would try a short bike to run one day before the race, for some reason your feet feel like lead and it might be good to see how it feels before the race!

Bobbi said...

Sorry I missed the party (not really) but I promise to come up before the race and practice in the cold water. I am glad the reservoir looks so small. I'll pray for hot days to continue so the water warms up. And, since you were taking pictures, I'm really glad I missed it! Good job to all of you brave LeBarons, though!

Kristin Sokol said...

You can rent a wetsuit at Salt Lake Running company for about $40. I highly reccomend it. Not only for comfort,but also safety. Have you ever swam in open water with 100 other swimmers kicking you in the face and body. Its a bit scary and dangerous. A wet suit will keep you on top of the water no matter what.

Bobbi said...

I'm glad you guys have a proper pump
for that bike. Sorry I can't be there
all along the way to fix a flat or change a tire for you!
Dad

Stacey said...

Way to go Carrie, you will do great in your triathlon.