Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Off to Camp

I am heading to Girl's Camp later today to stay through the end of the week. It's my first time back in about 14 years. Crazy. We are going the old fashioned route (and only way I ever camped in my youth) and sleeping in tents and going without showers. And it will be wonderful :) Honestly, though, I am excited to head up the canyon and spend time with my ward in the mountains. They even have a zip-line at the site so my kids can't wait for me to try it out and see if I like it as much as the one in Zion. And Thursday night is the annual camp testimony meeting which I am very happy to be a part of. I remember loving that night as a teenager and feeling my own faith grow so much just from that one night. I feel lucky to be a part of it again.

I am really going to miss my little ones the next few days. Give them a tight hug from me if you see them this week. They'll be in great hands with Grandma, Nanny, Auntie Cec, and of course their loving daddy every night. I love you my dears! Be good and I will see you on Friday.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

So fun Care! I love girls camp. I have lots of good memories, and many of them include you and how much I looked up to you as a mature laurel when I was new beehive. now these lucky young women get to look up to you as their leader. Have fun and be safe!

Krista said...

Have fun and get lots of rest. Ha ha.

Katherine said...

I LOVE GIRLS' CAMP. Always have. I have been a little sad every summer that my calling has not been in YW. I'm jealous. Have fun. Glad your stake still does it in tents. Not many still do it, and it is the best.