Sunday, July 25, 2010

Saturday

I started the morning with another 8:30 swim up at Blackridge. My cute parents decided to join me and it was cool to see several other swimmers up there getting some training in. Thankfully the water was much warmer than 3 weeks ago and it felt great for a quick swim (we aimed for 500 meters but in open water it's hard to gauge.)

After our swim we changed into biking gear and biked the race course for the tri. One little section kind of beat me up with a fairly steady incline ending with an actual hill to climb but other than that the ride was really fun--especially right after that hill. For the next mile or 2 we cruised along as fast as we could down a great downhill stretch. Such fun--I was smiling the whole time. Plus the views were so pretty. I really do live in the country out here--we rode past many horse pastures and huge fields of rich, golden grain. And did I mention I was with my 60 year old parents who easily kept a better pace than me the whole time? I thought it was super cool--I want to be that fit and active when I am their age.

When we got home from our workout I found my own little kids anxious to start their own tri for the day. Beans and Cares headed over to the park on their bikes while Joseph pushed Livs in the stroller. My parents and I showered and changed, snagged a quick pic (because we had forgotten to take any while training), and then I sent my parents back home and drove over to meet my fam at the park.



The kids got soaked at the splash pad for the "swim" section of their tri and then had many sprint races around the park from tree to tree. Even after all of that they still had tons of energy and were eager for more. We came home for yard work which helped get more wiggles out.

We ended the day over at my parents' house for dinner and (early) fireworks. Someday we will do these in the dark again (I know--my kids go to bed pretty early but believe me, they are not fun after 8:30 pm so I don't push them. And everyone wins :)

We caught this shot before the fireworks freaked Max out and he ran into the house to get away from them.

New hats for Powell helped drown out any loud ones

Livs' preferred seating last night



6 comments:

Krista said...

When is your tri? You look like you are doing so well with your training. Happy 24th. Atleast you got some fireworks. I didn't spot any at all yesterday. Love that the kids did a tri too.

Jennie said...

What a fun Saturday! You are doing awesome on the tri training. You are on the home stretch.

Heidi said...

Thanks for coming over to hang out with us care! It means a lot to us when you make time for our family.

And how much do I love that your kids did a tri? I think I would be about on par with their tri style right now

Miki said...

Stellar parents! Sheesh. Um, yes, please, invite me to your blog. mikieberhardt@hotmail.com

p.s. Tears came to my eyes as I read about your confession in Zions with Caroline...had one of those moments I'd rather forget Friday. Thanks for being so real. Needed that.

Anonymous said...

Another busy and full Saturday! Dad told me that he did "Lego" style biking because he would go ahead and then come back to check on you and then go more and then come back. Less than 3 weeks until your big event!

I am so sad that I didn't get over to see the family before we had to be to our friend's BBQ. My day was crazy as well and then the time for dinner got moved up a whole hour and a half so my window was lost. We didn't do our fireworks until 11 pm and by then, our troops had lost a lot of steam, including Ed, who lit about 10 all in a row and then called it a night.

Cute kiddos doing their own tri.

Bobbi said...

Thanks for the invitation to come train with you. It was good to try out the reservoir ahead of time, and the bike ride was beautiful. You are doing great--and both you and I aspire to Dad's fitness level!