Monday, July 5, 2010

Cabin

Highlights of the weekend:

1) running in the mountains with my hubby on a gorgeous 70 degree day

2) happy cousin playtime ALL day Saturday (Will, Bentley, Cares and Maddie roamed the outdoors for hours on end without any arguing, hurt feelings or tears...amazing. And they were playing "Joseph King of Dreams" and gathering wheat before the famine hit. At one point Maddie was Pharoah, Cares was Benjamin, Will was Joseph and Bentley was Peter...? They were darling playing together.)

3) kids' hike with Uncle Chad. He took all the children except Olivia (still napping) and explored the forest above the cabin.

4) fireworks on the driveway in broad daylight :) My kids were so wasted from the rodeo the night before that they weren't going to last past 8:00 pm.

5) sunset ATV ride with Joseph once our babes were all in bed. We drove through a thick aspen grove and up into the mountains north of my parents' cabin. The pictures we took of the setting sun don't do it much justice but it was breathtaking.


Livvies loves fireworks!

sparkler kids (could Bentley get any more grounded in that pose?)







5 comments:

Heidi said...

ha ha Peter has always been my favorite character in the Technicolor Dreamcoat story, ha ha love that silly Bean and his super awesome posing.

I am having fond memories of 4th of July at the cabin last year. Looks fabulous.

Bobbi said...

It was lots of fun to be together. I was loving the happy little pretend games of the 4 kids, too, roaming the hillside, harvesting "wheat", and being Bible characters--too hilarious!

Krista said...

Sunset looks gorgeous. Awesome that your kids played so well together too. I love the imagination play.

Krista said...

Ps who is your asain frien?

Anonymous said...

Peter? That part I hadn't heard. Hilarious.

That was a fun weekend. So glad you guys could do all the work because I am pretty useless right now. I will make up for it though, I promise.

Love you, love your kiddos, love this country.