Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eclipse

I saw Eclipse yesterday afternoon and it was good. Really good. I think my expectations for the Twilight movies are always a bit low so I am happily surprised when they turn out so well. The most classic moment (because I live in Utah and I am convinced this would not happen anywhere else) was when Edward told Bella he would wait until she's his wife before being intimate--the theater erupted in cheers and clapping. Too funny for me. I mean yes, I agree with the idea 100% but I didn't feel the need to shout that out--do you know what I mean? But props to a boy who is worried about his girl's virtue--I knew Edward had something going for him...

Joseph came with me (his office bought out a theater for clients and we got free tickets) and I made him promise not to make fun of anything (remember that night at Mama Mia, Krista? It's a good thing Johnny wasn't there to egg him on yesterday...) He was very polite during it and then totally made me laugh when we talked about it after--he is a funny hubby. So glad he is not the over--serious, brooding and agonising Edward we saw throughout the entire film. Honestly that boy needs to lighten up a bit--I swear the Edward from the books is not that tortured right?


8 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha ha oh Utah. Good times.

I think one of my favorite scenes was the interaction between Jacob and Edward in the tent. Maybe it was too late at night but I laughed too hard,

Jacob totally wins me over in the films. Love him! And to think, in the books I was always annoyed that he thought he stood a chance. I wonder who they will get to play renesmee. She better be goooood.

Krista said...

lucky!! how fun, and how awesome is joseph for being so good during the show and waiting until afterward to be funny. He should get major props for that. I don't know if Johnny could do it. He'd probably be playing stupid iphone games on his phone while he watched or something. :)

Krista said...

ps If I watch it here I'll have to hear the reaction in the theater for the wait until married part.

Anonymous said...

Wait, what comments did Joe make? I need to hear them!

It wasn't quite the same having you sit behind us but I am still glad we got to experience it together. And Edward broods too much but I think it was less in this movie. I wanted to strangle him in the first one.

Carol said...

Carie...that is so funny! I saw this last night as well and in my theater, when Edward made his virtue statement nobody made a peep, but I really wanted to clap and cheer! Hee hee...I guess I belong in Utah with the other crazies. :)

Joseph said...

Honestly, do Bellas rabbit teeth bother anyone else? I kind of want to punch her in the two front teeth to bump them back even with the rest. But then I'd probably break my hand. :)

Carrie said...

Was Bella even in that movie? ;)

Heidi said...

Joe- her teeth bugged me the entire time. And her hair. and her skin.