Monday, June 28, 2010

Peach Cobbler

Enjoyed this tasty treat last night with our first of many (many, many) fresh peaches:
(found it here.)

Joan's Easy Peach Cobbler:

I use fresh peaches in this recipe, but drained canned peaches will work as well. Serve this cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or drizzle with a little cream.

Ingredients:

* 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, melted
* 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 to 4 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preparation:

Heat oven to 375°.

Pour melted butter into a 2-quart baking dish (11x7 or 8-inch square). In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir to blend. Stir in the milk and vanilla until blended. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Toss the peaches with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Arrange the peach slices over the batter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. The top will be browned and the cake will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Serve warm with a little heavy cream, whipped topping, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serves 6.


Yummy. A ripe peach is hands down my favorite fruit.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

What are you talking about you struggle with trying new recipes? The peaches up here don't seem ripe yet. I am patiently waiting- nothing beats a perfectly ripe peach!

Anonymous said...

Oh, peaches! Did you already find ripe ones somewhere?

Krista said...

oh yum. You have put a major craving in my belly and thoughts now. Can I come over for FHE and have some more? I'm all about the fresh peaches too. I don't think the canned are as good. I hope I can find some here.

Stacey said...

Yum Care! I can't wait to try this. I just found some ripe peaches at Sams Club the other day.

Bobbi said...

Sounds yummy. Since I have flats of peaches from our canceled camp, maybe I will make this!

Flori said...

We're excited to try Georgia peaches and see if they live up to their fame. South Carolina ones are ripe now and so good. Paula Deen's peach cobbler recipe is my favorite of all the ones I've tried. We just bought peaches, so we'll have to make cobbler!