Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 2

Mini-golf on the brand new course, horseback riding, and more swimming (yet I don't have any pictures of the pool...)




In the early evening we hiked a trail into Zion that started right by the ranch and ended with a stunning view down into the canyon.

the crew on Overlook hike

Chad's "walking stick"


Once the kids were in bed we gathered as adults. We gave my mom a 60th book filled with 60 letters from her nieces, nephews, in-laws, study group friends, neighbors and friends both old and new, and her husband and children. My siblings and I have been working on this project for nearly 3 months so it was wonderful to pull it all together and present it to my mom. We sat around for a few hours and read all the letters. And yes, Joseph made sure we laughed a lot during that time--and although it was long, I thought it was touching and hilarious at the same time, and one of my favorite things about our trip.


the logo Joseph created for my mom's birthday and the 60 letters project


3 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't know if aything made me laugh harder than Tye thinking that letter from Aunt Karen was from Brenda. I like the pic of your little fam at the overlook.

Bobbi said...

The activities were lots of fun. The book was a big surprise and very special. I have been re-reading the letters (with less laughter, though) and appreciating again all the work that went into it. Thank you all so much for the effort and kindness. And Joseph's logo--it is wonderful. I finally got it hung on the wall where I see it daily. You are beloved children.

Krista said...

I LOVE the logo. love it. Joseph when I'm 60 can I have one? please? I also love the letters idea. What a great gift idea.