Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

This guy is kind of a big deal around here...



I love when Joseph:

...falls asleep before Bentley or Cares during the bedtime ritual of reading, lullabies, tickling and quiet laying by.

...plays in the pool with the kids--with complete abandon.

...works every day (and many, many nights from his home office) to provide for our family.

...sings in the shower--I wonder if he even notices that he does it so often but it's fun to hear him belt out tunes in there.

...works in the yard. I swear he turns into some kind of work horse because he can just go and go all day. On the day of the kids' birthday parties last month Joe's dad brought us a truck full of mulch for the yard. It was such a crazy day that my hubby didn't get to working in the yard until after dinner. Around 11:00 pm that night he unloaded the last wheel barrow of mulch from the truck and dumped it in the flower beds. He was beat but got the job done and made our yard look lovely for it.

...does monthly interviews with the kids. He loves them, Beans and Cares love them and needless to say they are a welcome and anticipated event in our home. I love that they allow Joseph precious one on one time with our children but I also love that he is following Priesthood council by having them. We are well aware that this world will test and tempt and try our children far beyond what we ever experienced in our youth. As the father in our home, my husband definitely feels the weight of preparing them for the future. By doing all he can now to keep them safe, show them his unconditional love, teach them by example, and help them develop a love for the Savior he is being an amazing father. I am in awe of him in that role and so blessed that he is ours.

Happy Father's Day to him and to my own special Dad.


I love looking at this picture and thinking of my Dad at roughly my same age with 3 (darling) little kids. I am reminded to savor the naive and youthful moments at this stage of parenting, and to prepare myself for the conflicts and trials which will come as my babies grow up. If anyone has been through the struggle of parenthood, it's my own sweet parents. And yet they still love and still try--a testament of their faith. Much love to the both of you today...

7 comments:

Heidi said...

You always write what I wish I could when it comes to our parents.

I remember Beans and Cares counseling Ben this past year on how and when to start interviews with Max. They clearly are making an impact.

Bobbi said...

Thank you, Carrie. Those were sweet innocent days of parenting, for sure. Thank you for loving us in spite of our faults, for being such loving, enthusiastic, and committed parents to your beautiful little children, and for sharing your lives with us. We love you so, and love being your mom and dad. Despite the sometimes sorrows, our family also brings us deep joy. We pray that your extensive and unfailing efforts will keep those babes safe forever.

Anonymous said...

Great post Care. I love seeing my baby in that picture with Joe. He is a great father and you are a great mother.

Anonymous said...

By the way, how awesome is my hair in that picture? Wow.

Bobbi said...

What a sweet daughter you are. Thanks for loving us and supporting our family. You are a great middle child equipped with diplomatic skills beyond your years. Joe just adds to the already smooth and compassionate temperament. Love to both of you. Dad

Bobby said...

I've totally been hanging out with Joe when he's fallen asleep putting Bentley to bed :) Too cute.

Carol said...

I swear your mom looks the exact same today...she is truly ageless.