Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Favorite Letter

Bentley wrote this to Joseph and me the day after Halloween:

Translation (in case you aren't familiar with my five year old's phonetic spelling):

"I can't wait for Christmas because I will get tons of presents from you and Santa"
The bottom pictures are of Caroline and him opening presents ("Be" for Bentley and "Ca" for Cares)


So, we're working on remembering the true purpose of Christmas, but I still love this letter. And love that it took Bentley about an hour to create it. He is turning into such a little speller and writer and reader. Kindergarten is the coolest!

And we made snowflakes yesterday. Why are those still so fun to make even though I'm 30?



7 comments:

Heidi said...

Yeah you better save that letter and put it into his yearly book!

I really love that he includes Cares in the photo. It makes me excited that hopefully I can have a little son and daughter so close in age that are best buds.

Heidi said...

Oh, and by teaching him the true purpose of Christmas, you mean teaching him it is all about you, right?? tee hee

Krista said...

I love that he wrote it the DAY after halloween. :)

Joseph said...

Hahahaha. Heidi, you totally busted her on that one. Too funny!

Bobbi said...

Ah, the true spirit of Christmas! At least it is fun to share their excitement!

Stacey said...

Such a cute letter! I love the picture of Cares and him opening presents.

Anonymous said...

This is a keeper. And way to be on top of it right after Halloween Bean!!!

I still love snowflakes as well. That might be on our agenda tomorrow.