Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday in SG

For conference weekend Joseph and I decided to once again, head down south. We met up with 2 of my hubby's little brothers (and their wives and kids) to watch general conference and hang out together. We all know how that works out--5 cousins under the age of 5 playing/fighting, laughing/screaming, and running/tripping all through the house while the adults tried hopelessly to pay attention to the good word. Needless to say, I will be reading or listening to all the talks again during the next few weeks--but it will be good for me :)


Yesterday, between sessions, we fit in a trip to the outlets and an outing to the pool (the dads took all the kids--a nice reprieve for us moms). When the men were back from Priesthood session they decided to school us women in Canasta and by 10:30pm we were all off to bed--parenting little kids is tiring work!

Today we made a big breakfast of bacon and crepes, watched more conference, played in the glorious sunshine, cuddled baby Olivia, had a filling BBQ lunch and settled in for more church.
The kids and I sent Joseph home with Tom and Jess a few hours ago so he could work during the week. But we will stay here through Easter.

It has been a quiet and calm evening. Olivia took a 2 hour nap in the late afternoon and I was able to do puzzles and make foam sticker creations with Beans and Cares while she slept. I am trying to focus more on my big kids again now that life with a new baby has become a little more routine for us. They are pretty fun and very entertaining :)



5 comments:

Heidi said...

cute matching sissies! We are excited to meet up with you guys!

Anonymous said...

Those dresses look so adorable on them! Maybe I will have to go back and get one for Maddie so she can match your girls!

Glad you are having a fun time so far with cousins and sunshine. We are already missing you though! It is Monday morning and you won't be coming by...boo :-(.

Bobbi said...

Glad you are enjoying it there--can't wait to join you! Thanks for meeting with the plumber!!! See you soon.

HayesFamily said...

Carrie-
Caroline looks so old in that last picture! How are you holding up with 3? I've had a few meltdowns myself. Maybe I need to call you and we can share! i have to admit, I was really jealous reading about your St. George trip for conference. It sounded way better than my conference weekend. ANyway, I can't wait to be living by you once again! Take care!

Flori said...

Such a sweet picture of the two girls. Wish I could come join you for some sun and some time away from the daily routine!