Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Dying eggs on Saturday



Easter Morning








For three years in a row we have been celebrating Easter in St George. It is gorgeous down there and coming from the colder, grayer north, the colors all around looked so lively and striking--bright blue skies against red rock canyons, rich green trees and plants against brown rocks and earth. It makes my soul happy. One sunny morning, while I was there with just my kids, I was eating breakfast and looking out the huge kitchen windows at the brightly lit view of the valley with Pine Mountain in the distance dusted with snow. The beauty of the scene overwhelmed me and I felt so much gratitude for this amazing world in which I live--and for the simple ability I have to behold its grandeur.

Add my precious children to the scene and the view is easily one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

So so true! I always feel that when I visit the SG house.

The pic of mom and Olivia is so cute. So is Bean and Cares hugging. I love your orange family!

Krista said...

you guys look so cute in your easter clothes. It is beautiful down there. I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed the sunshine.

Bobbi said...

I agree--the beauty there sometimes just fills me up to overflowing, and the addition of loved ones around me just adds to the joy. It was a very fun time together. Love your darling little ones!!!

Anonymous said...

I have always considered myself a Swiss alps/pine trees/white glaciers type of person but when I am in SG, I love the red mountains! The view from their place is amazing and breath-taking.

Beautiful orange Easter family! We really missed you guys this year...

ba and the boys said...

such a sweet looking bunch! hapy easter-a bit late!

Team Gilmore said...

Beautiful Family! Can't wait to play more regularly when we move back to SLC...