Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Best Friends


These two love each other. Funny how they would most likely never choose to be each other's constant playmates but random family ordering put them into each other's lives for good. Forever actually. So I am happy they are such adoring pals (most of the time anyway...)

Their conversation today at lunch:

Cares: I'm gorgeous.
Beans: You're fruity.
Cares: I'm gorgeous!
Beans: You're fruity!
(Followed by tons of giggles and big smiles. Then repeated.)

Made me think of this article my little sis just emailed to me. Siblings are honestly a childhood gift (especially when we had "no friend" Sundays and just dreamed up a hundred and one ways to play with each other.) It's crazy how we change and grow up so much after we leave home--makes the relationships so different and yet so much the same...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That gorgeous/fruity conversation is classic. Glad they are having fun together!

That essay that Heidi sent really captures the sibling relationships. So interesting to think about.

Heidi said...

I love the "fruity" remarks. Can't wait for Max to have siblings. I do love mine!

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph said...

Sounds like the conversations I used to have with John... except I just used to say "You're gorgeous and fruity". Come to think of it, it wasn't really a conversation at all. Just abusive in a semi-complimentary way.