Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pool Rats

Yesterday was beautiful! We hit the pool after going to the grocery store and then packing up lunch to bring with us. The idea of a pool picnic is one of my very favorites--especially because it doesn't require any clean-up after the children are done eating.





While we were swimming I saw some teenage girls laying out with crazy sunburn lines and they reminded me so much of myself when I was that age. I never ever used sunblock and I can remember many many spring breaks spent tanning with my girlfriends or sisters down here in SG--even if it was only 55 degrees out and we had to shield half of our bodies with towels to keep from freezing in the wind. So silly! Except for the fact that after yesterday, I am sporting a new sunburn. I will never learn (but at least I put sunblock on my face--I am 30 years old and should take care of at least some part of my skin :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Love those skinny silly pool rats! I wish it were going to be nice all week in SG.

Anonymous said...

I am envious of the pool time! Make the most of the warm days because cooler temps are coming for down there, along with hoards of spring breakers!

Have fun!

Bobbi said...

Glad you are having fun, and can't wait to join you!