Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sea World

We flew into and out of San Diego (even though we stayed up the coast in Newport Beach) which gave us the chance to hit Sea World twice. Seems a little overboard, right? Luckily, Sea World offered a Fun Card option so we could visit again and again for the price of just one day's admission (kind of like Lagoon's bounce-back passes...)

Also, my kids have very tiny legs. And I made them walk around the whole park for the sole purpose of wearing them out :) I sound like a mean mom! But I love how solidly Bentley and Caroline sleep when they are worn out. And we managed to successfully wear them out every day of our trip. Good thing all our tiring activities were also loads of fun or I really would be feeling some bad mom guilt...

At the Shamu show day 1. Can I just say that I loved it? Here I am 30 years old and it gave me chills. Why is it so fascinating to see those killer whales showing off all their tricks? One of the trainers in the Saturday show was so awesome. He dove down with his whale and then shot up out of the water and dove off of her nose like 5 times. Baby Olivia was sleeping in my arms and I disturbed her everytime he did it because I just had to cheer. OK, enough about Shamu...

discovering sea stars

and flashy flamingos


Shamu show day 2
We came prepared to sit in the "soak zone."

Enjoying the kid rides at the Sesame Street Bay of Play


We also saw the sea lion show, shark and dolphin exhibits, and touched the smooth backs of the bat rays (well, Cares and Joseph and I did anyway--Bentley was fascinated by them but way too spooked to touch them :)

Funny fact: the last time Joseph and I were at Sea World was on our honeymoon. Who knew how much our lives would change in 10 years? Wow, we have grown up a lot...



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 years~no kidding a lot has changed! LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Caroline holding the Sea Star.

Looks like so much fun!

Heidi said...

Wow is your ten year this fall?

Now I want to go to Sea World! I so remember those flamingos from when I was little...

Joseph said...

Babe, maybe we should plan a san diego trip for just the two of us this fall for our 10th Anniversary! We can go see the zoo, catch those sea world shows we missed, go to disneyland and do all the things you love!!!

Bobbi said...

Great pictures of your lovely family. Yay, Shamu! I love your continued enthusiasm for the wonders of nature, and sharing it with your children. Cute Cares with the star! Glad you had fun and wore out your children and came home safely.

ba and the boys said...

your kids are brave...parker, my animal lover, wont touch a starfish...or a dog!
looks like a blast!