Friday, April 24, 2009

Progress

You guys were not kidding--drywall is the worst! At this point it is mostly done with the key word being "mostly." And that is good news and bad news. Good because the end is in sight but bad because it was supposed to be done today--meaning 100% finito so that our finisher could hang all the doors, place all the trim and closet shelves, and clean the space tomorrow so paint could begin on Monday. Alas, it will not be. And probably won't be for a whole week because of scheduling conflicts...the lightning speed basement has been derailed...

Even so, things are looking really good. I love seeing real walls up and getting more of a feel for the how the actual space will look in the end.

New pics from tonight:

looking up the stairs

view of the great room from the hallway

and from the east end

new bedroom for Bentley (see the color we were testing in the wall?
It's the Kwall paint named Elephant and I was worried it would be too gray...but it's not :)

the new office



10 comments:

Bobbi said...

It's looking great, but I'm sad to hear about the delay. It was too good to be true to have it happen so fast! Enjoy your time away from the mess.

Heidi said...

I don't think I knew Bentley was moving downstairs. What do the kids think of all the construction?! Exciting!!

Krista said...

It always seems like construction takes a little longer than anticipated. It's looking good and I'll bet Bentley is excited for a new room.

Maggie said...

Look how great it looks! I like the color on Bentley's wall. Are the kids excited to see all the changes in the basement?

Anonymous said...

I love Bean's paint color! I think having more gray in a blue really helps.

I can't wait to come see, even though it is a bit delayed. Hopefully it will all be done by the blessing so you can show it off!

Kristin Sokol said...

I remember this stage. When all the dry wall was up. It seemed so much smaller than I was expecting. It was shocking to see the basement all closed in and put together.

Once you have it painted it will seem much more open and bigger than you expect....at least that was my experience.

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie. Send me your email and I'll send you the invite. Sorry about that!

Anonymous said...

Oh! My email is betsyyoung@ymail.com

Carol said...

Well, at least you have survived the messiest part! Now it will just get prettier and prettier. :)

ba and the boys said...

lucky!