Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

This afternoon, while Olivia was napping in my room, I quietly went in by her to put away some clothes from our recent trip. Cares came looking for me, inquiring about nail polish and in a hushed voice I asked her to leave the room and give me one minute. I shut the door and 2 seconds later she pushed it open telling me she was "so, so hungry." I said "Cares, do not come in here. Olivia is asleep and I will be out soon." She stayed right outside the closed door and called out my name a few more times before opening the door yet again and causing quite a stir.

She in got in trouble and had time out on her bed. In the meantime, I got the kids some pita chips (aka "peanut chips" for miss Caroline) and took some into my sad little girl. She sat on her bed snacking on them as we talked about staying out of my room when the baby is sleeping and just listening and obeying in general ( I swear we have that conversation at least twice a day! Will it ever sink in?...)

With Cares occupied with her snack, I opened my computer to copy over some old pictures from my trusty hard drive. Bentley cozied up to me and we had a good time checking him out as a chubby baby and growing toddler. After about 10 minutes he asked where Cares was and so I sent him into her room to fetch her. He came back out laughing and said "she's sleeping!"

This is what we found:


I love that trail of chips. Oh how I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall while she fell asleep today :)

Am I a bad mom for not putting her down for a nap today? She has mostly grown out of them (meaning that she plays in her bed instead of falling asleep when I do make her rest) but I think our busy days in St George last week finally caught up with her.

Bentley just found Twyla and cannot understand why Cares went to sleep without her.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

She is a sleeping beauty! That is classic the chips were in bed with her.

Anonymous said...

She is just saving those chips for a quick snack when she wakes up.

Sleeping beauty indeed!

Bobbi said...

So sweet, Carrie! She is a beautiful princess, with her treasure piled around her. Quite funny and charming.