Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sweet Olivia

We had a surprise visitor early this morning. Olivia Ann LeBaron made her grand entrance at 3:01 am. And she is beautiful.

Last night when I got home from work, Carrie looked a little worried. She was having contractions every 3 or 4 minutes. But she was convinced that if she showed up at the hospital it would be a false labor. Fortunately, we decided not to take any chances. Bentley and Caroline were very worried about Carrie and wanted to come into the hospital to see her room and make sure she would be ok. Thank you grandpa Neil for taking them home, reading them stories, singing them songs and watching over them.

Bobbi and Ruth Ann stayed to watch the birth. They took care of Olivia so that I could take care of Carrie. She did great.




Olivia is just perfect. At first I thought she looked just like baby Caroline, but after a little bath, her hair looks a lot lighter, and after some vigorous eating, she is plumping up quickly. Just look at this comparison of 3 am vs. 2 pm this afternoon.

When I climbed into bed next to Bentley at 5 this morning, he stirred a little and sat up. I hugged him and said "Mom had a new little baby." He was so bleary eyed. "For real?" he said. "Is it a boy or a girl?" He stayed awake for just a few more moments, asking all about her. He will be such a nice brother. We're still not sure how Cares will handle being displaced as the princess, but I have hope for her. They were very sweet and gentle with the baby when we went to visit her this afternoon. They cuddled her and cooed to her and kissed her all over. I took Olivia for a quick nap in the chair and the kids just laid in the bed with Carrie, touching her face, and snuggling her. It was precious.



Before I left, I snagged a picture of all of them in bed together. Hard to believe everything I love in this world can all fit in one tiny hospital bed. One beautiful, hard-working wife, two perfect rascally kids, a brand new healthy baby girl.

Welcome to our family, Olivia!

Obligatory baby details:
Weight: 7lbs. 13 oz.
Length: 19" long
Favorite food: milk
Favorite color: pink


23 comments:

tommy said...

Congrats LeBarons! We can't wait to meet her. We love you!

Krista said...

oh that is such a sweet post. Good job Joseph. I'm so excited to meet baby Olivia, she's so is beautiful. Good job Carrie. You are amazing to have these babies so early. I was WAAAAY OFF on my due date. :) But that's good news for you. Congrats guys.
oh p.s. my baby quilt I just made was for a boy...hmmmm.

Bobbi said...

I'm sorry I had to leave before greeting that beautiful little Olivia. She seems to be changing so quickly, and yet she definitely fits right in with your fantastic family.
Sherm (Dad)

Heidi said...

She is so cute and mushable- I am dying over the "weight growth comparison" She needs to slow it down a little so she is still tiny dancer when I see her next week. Cares doesn't have to be displaced as the princess, just learn to share the princess power! ;-)

I love your family of five!

Anonymous said...

Joseph, this is a beautiful entry...you should blog more often! I am glad that you love my sister so much. You both are so blessed to have each other.

We also love your little family of five and feel so close to them. We are so grateful for Olivia's safe arrival and we know that she will fit right in with the princesses all around her.

Bobby said...

Everyone laughs when I tell them that I've had two nieces and a nephew born during my internship. I'm so excited to meet Baby Olivia! She's beautiful!

Bobbi said...

She is a beauty, and so lucky to come to such a wonderful family! Thank you, Carrie and Joseph, for sharing that precious, exciting evening with us and for having the faith and courage to have a family. Beautiful writing, Joseph, you did your wife proud on her blog. (This is from the real Bobbi, not my hubby masquerading as me!)

Lindsey said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and has a lovely name to match. Three weeks early and such a good size! Glad you are all happy and healthy!

Josh Gildea said...

Congratulations LeBains!

A very cute family and brand new baby. Caroline's going to have some competition. Jenny and I are very happy that everything went well.

Jenny's advice: use all of your days in the hospital.

Jess said...

She is the sweetest little thing. The first picture I saw of her I thought she looked like Cares too. I love it, all these babies makes me totally baby hungry and I am not ready, ahh! But I can't wait to hold that tiny baby girl. Congrats!

mikemetcalf said...

A big congratulations to the LeBaron clan! Olivia is a beautiful addition to your family. I was laughing at Bentley's nighttime comments, "for real?" Very happy for you all.

P.S. I think this post might have elevated Lydia's baby hunger to a state of baby famine.

Maggie said...

Congratulations! Carrie, you look to great to have just given birth. Olivia is beautiful. I can't wait to meet these baby girls. I am so excited for you that she came so early too. Justin wanted to know if you lied about your real due date :) Come on, 'fess up. We love you and can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

congrats! she is beautiful!

Kristin Sokol said...

Robust and beautiful! Welcome to the neighborhood Olivia! You have a whole crew of friends just waiting for you to grow up and play with them.

Congrats Carrie, and I do agree, you look so beautiful after giving birth. How did you pull that off?

Jennie said...

Congratulations Carrie and Joseph.

Catherine said...

Congratulations! SO excited for you. Can't wait to welcome baby Olivia into the family (because you know that I think I am a part of it). I just want you to know that I have the exact same spot in my family growing up - an older brother, older sister and then me. We send our love to your sweet family at this time. Enjoy!

Heidi said...

Congratulations Carrie!! I am half way around the world at the moment, but I wanted to stop in to congratulate you and your family! Olivia is adorable. Take care of yourself and have so much fun with your 3 kids. I miss mine so much right now I could scream! Anyway, Congrats again!!!

Team Gilmore said...

Congrats you guys! Olivia is adorable, as was to be expected:) Glad everything went well. She weighs as much as Annie did, but about 3 inches shorter:) Hope we can meet the new LeBaron when we are in town in the next couple of weeks!

Audrey said...

Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous and I love her name. Good luck with your bigger princess, we are a little worried about our princess feeling dethroned too. Your family is beautiful.

Heidi C said...

Wow, Carrie you look awesome in the hospital! We have three princesses in our home and they all have their separate thrones and rule in their respective orders. It is wonderful, I am glad her arrival from heaven was safe!

LeBaron Family said...

Congrats! If she came on the day you posted then we share the same b-day!

Marcie said...

Congrats you guys! What a beautiful addition to your sweet little family. Love ya!

ba and the boys said...

been a little out of it down here in the service home-so here is a late congrats! she is just as beautiful as your big kids! when we are 110% healthy-we will stop by!