Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Wonder

Spending so much time at home this week has given me a lot of time to think. And the thing I think about most is my kids. I wonder what kind of people they will grow up to be. Will they make an impact for good? Will they make righteous choices? Will they have the courage it takes to change my diaper when I'm old? Each of my children is so different, so naturally my concerns for each are unique.

Bentley

I wonder if Bentley likes cars. I wonder if he has enough cars? Or if that is even possible.

He dumps out his two full car baskets every day. As you can see, they span 1 foot long and the full width of the hallway. They're also piled a couple of cars high. Anyone out there need some cars for their kids? I think we may need to share the love.

I wonder if he will ever have a little brother. We still want more kids, but what will they be? I also wonder if he will be a good example for his sisters, and if he will be a kind older brother. Luckily, so far so good.

Caroline

I wonder if Caroline likes pink enough. Will she take good care of her plush animals? Does she have enough cuddly animals and blankies? I count 8 animals, 3 blankies and one sweet little girl.

Can anyone name any of her animals? Quiz yourself. I'll send an exclusive "comfy" pic of Cares to whoever guesses any names correctly.

I also wonder if Caroline will listen to her mom. Will they be good friends when she's a teenager, or will they be sworn enemies? A neighbor told me at church that she is going to be trouble, because she has eyes that you can't say no to. Unfortunately that's true.

Olivia

I wonder what kind of daughter Olivia will be. She's certainly easy so far. Will she be our peacemaker? Will she take after her sister, and will they be best friends?

Will her white skunk stripe and white patch eventually blend in with the rest of her hair? Or will her hair look like the American Idol contestants for the rest of her life? I wonder.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Twyla! Now please send me a bonus pic!

Also, please tell Olivia to stop growing until I get to town!

Bobbi said...

Sadie (formerly Marshmallow)! Can Olivia get any cuter? She is so darling!!!

Joseph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph said...

Good job ladies! Your bonus pic is on its way.

I should clarify for future commenters that you're welcome to mention a name that's already been said. But you get the smug satisfaction of being "in the know" if you can name one that has not been said. Here's a hint: Two of them are named after what they are, ie "Cat".

Anonymous said...

Wait, isn't one kitty? Or is that Bean's name for one of his? Can I guess Bean's animals for credit (Ethan, Will, Whiskers)? I want a bonus pic!

I am enjoying the entries from guest blogger Joe. Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

By the way, you need to send a bonus pic to my .mac account because I don't ever use my hotmail and I think that is the address you used to send me news of Olivia's birth (I saw the address on Chad's email).

Carrie said...

I know my answer shouldn't count but I thought I'd add a new name just for fun-she calls her black puppy "black" (Bentley helped her think of that name :)

Babe--you are such a good daddy. I have loved having you home and seeing you do all "the jobs" and then still playing hide and seek and car ramps and cuddling and snuggling with our children. Thanks for thinking so much about their future with me--so much responsibility on our part but hopefully a lot of joy and happiness to go along with it (like getting a tight hug and a kiss each morning from the big kids before you leave for work each morning :)