Friday, February 6, 2009

The Luckiest


I read this recent post by the eloquent and real Sheye Rosemeyer today. It won't matter much if you read it and don't know her story because her entry is a lovely reminder of all the beauty and simple joys children bring into our lives. Even though my kids are very sweet and learning to be quite obedient, I need these kind of reminders often (because my kids are also kids--independent and very energetic and quite naughty at times too :)

As I read Sheye's tribute to her daughter (a darling 3 year old who passed away almost exactly 2 years ago) I looked over at my Caroline and felt an immense wave of gratitude pass over me. She looked so feminine and content, working away in a huge coloring book sprawled out on the floor. My heart was full of love for my own, happy, healthy girl. I grabbed my camera and took some pictures of her right there, just how she was (and she of course added her own personality to them.) And now I have decided that you can never, ever have too many pictures of your children. And you can never, ever love them too much--it is simply impossible.





6 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute sweet Cares! I need to go red that post, but first play with my mush because he is calling for me!

Anonymous said...

I love that you blogged about this. I read the same entry yesterday and was so moved. I wanted to do a post but I was too emotional so I couldn't. Whenever I need a reminder about how precious my children are, I go to Sheye's blog. Each time I think of how she is trying to cope with the loss of her little princess, my heart clenches tight as I think about how losing Maddie (or any of my children) would surely be unbearable. I don't know how she survived it, but I am grateful that she shares her healing process with the world.

Good for you for taking pictures right then. I agree about the fact that you can't have too many pictures of your kids.

Bobbi said...

That was a touching post, and I am glad it prompted you to savor even more your precious Caroline. Thanks for the pictures, I love to see them, too.

ba and the boys said...

i think it is good to be reminded how wonderful our children are somethimes by those whose childrens arent on earth with them anymore. it puts things in perspective.
thank you...i am going to hug my 'babies' now!

Maggie said...

Hey, your belly is super cute. Cares is also so sweet. I'm guessing that the baby comes 2 weeks early... what is your guess though (mother's intuitions beats out everything else).

Krista said...

okay I read this last night. totally made me bawl. When sheye talked about brushing her Ava's hair...the floodgates of tears were opened.