Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend


On Saturday, we (and by 'we' I mean my husband :) worked in the yard for hours on end. We also got our home in ship shape order before packing our bags and heading out for a weekend up at the cabin. We had a chance to hang out with just Heidi and Max before my parents, Marsh and Ben arrived fresh from the BYU game. By Sunday afternoon, Cec and her family had joined us too. The rest of the weekend feels like a blur of happy kids, hanging out in PJs, silly cousin time, delicious food, staying up late and laughing with the adults, and eagerly anticipating the cold, stormy weather--which delivered as promised...with snow! It was a good weekend.



the kids loved helping Grandma make zucchini bread
(Bentley is apparently showing off his "crazy eyes" in this pic...)


Warm but windy on Sunday afternoon...


cold and snowy on Monday!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will's face is cracking me up! I love it! That was such a fun cabin trip...the snow made me really excited for Thanksgiving up there!

Heidi said...

ha ha ha crazy eyes!! Fun times. I loved spending two nights with your fam!!!

Justin said...

That's so fun. Looks like you had a great time.

Maggie said...

So, I just posted as Justin. :)

Bobbi said...

It was a fun time. It's so pleasurable having the family together, hanging out in a relaxed way. I hope the kids grow up with great memories of the cabin and cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents.