Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lately


I have been:

--loving fall temperatures. I saw that it will be stormy and back in the low 70s (and maybe even high 60s) next week and I am ecstatic!

--tired as usual but I think the nausea is starting to slowly fade away (please, please be true!!)

--watching the first season of Ugly Betty. I had never seen any episodes and decided to rent the DVDs and see if I should add it to my DVR list in a few weeks. So far I have liked it, but I am not quite hooked (and I DO have the whole 2nd season to watch too--that's a lot of TV!)

--craving Tepanyaki (think Benihana style food) for every single meal. There is just something about all that butter, salt and teriyaki sauce they cook everything in that sounds absolutely delicious.

--proud of my Bentley for heading to preschool 3 days a week. He isn't completely thrilled about leaving Cares and me so often, especially if we run errands that he would like to do with us (like the "errand" of playing Polly Pockets with Maddie and Cec for an hour or so...)

--trying to plan a little family vacation before the debut of our new baby this spring. I think I have my heart set on Phoenix during November or December. I just miss that city a lot and would love to see some old friends and eat some delicious meals at Houston's, Tia Rosa, and SACKS. So far the planning has been purely in my head--but I am getting restless and need to get away.

--feeling so blessed simply to have a healthy and happy family. I have been reading daily updates about the Nielsons on C Jane's blog. As much as I love to hear about the hope and progress occurring almost daily, my heart still hurts for those 4 kids who must miss their parents and home so much. Their little world has been turned upside down and will really never be the same--and it just makes me sad when I know how well children thrive on normalcy and routine. Makes me hug my own babes tighter and more often during the day--and find more ways to laugh and play together.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All wonderful things to be loving lately! The Nielsen's experience has especially helped me realize that having a healthy family is such a blessing in itself.

Heidi said...

I am like Beans I would like to accompany you on errands to play Polly Pocket with Cares and MJ ;-). Fall is so nice here in Utah. Your family is beautiful.

Krista said...

I'm loving fall too. I just went up to PC and the leaves look beautiful up there already! I check on the nielson's daily. It does really help keep things in perspective huh. Keep enjoying the fall and I hope you keep feeling better. When do you want to get together with the kids.

ba and the boys said...

i was just looking at the mountains today and saw some red trees...aaahhhh...maybe we will get out of the 80s sometime soon...

Heidi said...

Isn't fall wonderful?!?! I hope you feel better soon, Carrie. Pregnancy nausea is the pits. :( I can totally relate to spending a lot of time on the lap top while sick and preggo. It was a comfort during that hard time. This too shall pass.....

Katherine said...

Care-
We live ACROSS THE STREET from Tia Rosa's. We eat takeout from there probably twice a week. YOU MUST COME!!! We would love to see you guys here in PHX. Actually, T and I will be in SLC the first week of October. Can we get together??? I'll call you this week to see if we can plan something...

Bobbi said...

Am also loving the cool nights and the changing leaves. You are looking a bit perkier these days, hang in there! A very cute photo of your family! I have enjoyed Ugly Betty.