Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Canyon FHE


Last night we met up with my parents, Marsh, and the Horsley family at Washington Park (off of Mountain Dell golf course) for FHE in the cool canyon. We ate fried chicken and fresh cantaloupe for dinner while the kids ran back and forth between the picnic table and playground equipment. We also had a short lesson consisting of a treasure hunt for things found in the woods followed by the big boy cousins reading 2 scriptures about nature and how it testifies of Christ. For the rest of the evening we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores, and the dads spent a lot of time playing soccer and spinning games with the kids. We love these kind of "big" family home evenings!

This picture reminds me that I actually do look like I'm related to my siblings :)

Marsh and Maddie enjoying the swings

my little lady

and my active boy (in his favorite wild animal pose)

MJ wouldn't let me take a picture of her while her mommy held her--but she posed quite sweetly with uncle Joe...




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you definitely do look like your siblings! lots of fun!

Heidi said...

I love it! That sounds like so much fun and a perfect end of summer night.

Anonymous said...

Fun night and fun pics! And I am surprised to see that I have some resemblance to you and Marsh!

Maggie said...

Way cute. I have such fun memories of having dinner up the canyon.

Em said...

Hi Carie, i didn't know you had a blog. I found it one Brittany's I hope thats ok. I also didn't know your pregnant. Congrat's! you are 2 days farther than me. I just started my 14th week today. We are going to fetal photo when we are 15 weeks to find out what the babies are, how about you?

Bobbi said...

Great pictures of the fun evening! I loved Dad's comment when he took the picture of the 3 of you siblings. "Beautiful, aren't they? Just beautiful." I echo his sentiments. We love our beautiful (to us) children, and your children. Thanks for the evening together.