Sunday, September 28, 2008

German Maid


Today Cares wore a dirndl that was mine from over 25 years ago. When we lived in Germany (1981-1984), my mom bought them for all the girls in our family and we'd often wear them to church on Sunday (a tradition we continued even after we moved back to the states.) My mom kept some toddler and little girl sizes in excellent condition and now my Caroline can be just like her mommy!

Hier ist mein lieblings Madchen:


My family during our first year living in Germany (I love this picture--my super young parents and small siblings--so fun to look that far back!)


7 comments:

Bobbi said...

Wie suss! I will go check out the old pictures right now! I love seeing her in it.

Heidi said...

Wait those aren't pictures from when you were little? he he, seriously she is your twin. Gotta love the dirndls! I might have some pics too I will check...

Anonymous said...

Woah, this is such a flashback! And Heid is right about Cares being your little twin. How fun that you dressed your little madchen in it!

Em said...

that is so cute, i saved some clothes from when i was a baby and had brooklin wear them and took pictures of her, she looked just like mine. it was cool. I would love to go to Germany

Anonymous said...

My mom gave us those kind of dresses, too and we used to wear them (until we realized we were the only ones. being 15 and wearing them isn't too "cool"...)
But, she looks darling! (I need a girl!) I also love all the gorgeous fall photos!

Camille said...

I ment to tell you yesterday at church how cute she looked! I love it!

Carol said...

I love, love, love, the picture of your family when you, Cecily, and Tye were still small. I am so glad that your mom found it.