Sunday, September 14, 2008

Big Girl Bedroom


We finally succumbed and got our little girl a real bed. It is definitely time even though our new baby won't need the crib for several months. At this point in Bentley's life he had already been sleeping in a big boy bed for 6 months (and he had a 4 month old little sis too--wow, time flies :) Our little Cares was very excited for her new bed and girlie girl sheets. She was also very ready to be more like her big brother. The two children even tried out their first game of "ship" with their 2 beds yesterday as soon as we had Cares' bed set-up. Did anyone else play ship as a kid on their bed? It was one of my favorites.

Here are some 'before' pics of the lady's room (Cares is helping unwrap her new sheets in the first 2 shots):
And the 'after' pics:
I just adore this bedding and had to give it the spotlight for a moment.

We also got a new dresser to go with the bed. The baby dresser is still in Cares' room right now as it has no place to go except the basement for storage. Until we decide on the whole move to a new home/finish our basement debacle, we'll leave the dresser there.

There is still a lot of work to do in organizing and decorating this little room but I wanted to show off Cares' new bed pronto. And she has been sleeping in it beautifully, thank goodness. Isn't that a parent's biggest concern when changing things like this?

(we did have to add Bentley's hand-me-down side rail so our girl won't fall out of bed in the night but I just had to remove it for the pictures because it is baby blue and white and doesn't exactly match...at all)


8 comments:

Bobbi said...

It is so cute and girlie--perfect for your little princess! I love the bedding! I can't believe she is that old already.

ba and the boys said...

little girls are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

It is sooo cute! We will need to come see it and let Maddie and Cares play ship together on the bed!

The new dresser is great too...all from Vintage Oak?

Anonymous said...

so cute, I NEED A GIRL!!! Love the bed!

Maggie said...

Looks darling. What a cute room. Funny that you posted this today because I was just going to post today about Gracie moving to her big girl bed too (though, I might have to post a picture of my dream room for her because her room right now is not very girly at the moment).

Heidi said...

That bedding is so freakin cute and perfect for Cares- where is it from? I love love the dresser too. what a fun adjustment!! Yay for ship!! Now when are you going to teach Beans and Cares our game of "keep Heidi off the bed"? ha ha ha

Camille said...

How cute! I love it! Raegan loves her big girl bed! I think its way more comffy then the crib!

Krista said...

oh caresie, you are sooo big now. I love your new room.