Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Girls Night Out


My sisters and I joined the masses and saw the So You Think You Can Dance tour last night. Heidi and I went last year in Reno, and while I loved the show, I certainly didn't feel like it was something I had to see season after season. But then I watched SYTYCD this year and just fell in love with so many dances. I actually saved them for ages on my DVR just so I could watch them again if I "needed" to :) I am a huge fan of good choreography as well as dancers who move with impeccable technique and dance from their hearts. Well--that's just what we saw last night. And in case anyone is wondering, dancing is about a hundred times better to watch live than on TV (even if you are surrounded by screeching (yes I said screeching--not screaming) teens and smelly feet...:)

It was a fabulous night and the dancers sure delivered amazing performances of the season's best dances--yay!!
Big Group Opener

The 3 boys to watch

Cheering for local dancers Gev and Chelsea

Loved this Mia Micheals piece with Katie and Joshua
(remember the assisted run? these 2 are truly thrilling to watch)

Gotta love the bed dance

Cec and me showing off our "4 Real" signs on our "babies"--see how my pregnant belly has popped right out?! (oh, and notice our background posers--funny :)

The Adam and Eve piece by Will and Jessica

Two words--the door. Awesome dance!


And Bleeding Love. For sure my favorite hip-hop piece...ever...

My "4 Real" impersonation. Do you remember the dancers (and then Nigel) doing this throughout the show? They explained it during the concert--something about 4 qualities that make you a better dancer/person and therefore "4 real." Kind of random. Oh--and they were season 4 of the show so that relates to it too...


There's one piece I only took video of for a minute and then just had to sit and watch without trying to take a picture--the one by Katie and Will to "Imagine" choreographed by the seriously famous dancer Desmond Richardson. Now that was a professional piece of choreography and Katie and Will were just beautifully connected and naturally fluid throughout. Wow--I'm so glad I got to see it live--and so glad to have had such a fun night out with my sissies too!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

It was such a great night and incredible dancers. I had so much fun seeing them live! Gotta love the randoms next to and in front of you! he he he

Krista said...

that looks like it was tons of fun and you got some awesome pictures too. Maybe next year I need to go.

Anonymous said...

I love what great close-ups you got with the Olympus!
That was such a fun evening and I am so glad that we could go with Heid. We should make it a tradition to go each year (if they perform where one of us is living).

Angela Jensen said...

I'm jealous, this was the first season I've watched it religiously and I loved it!

Maggie said...

So fun. You and you sisters are so cute. Were the 4 real signs of pregnancy 4 actual signs or more like the "for real" signs of pregnancy?