Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Bentley


During Stake Conference today, my sweet Bentley stood on the chair beside me as we sang I Am a Child of God for our congregational hymn. He wrapped his little arms all the way around me, rested his head on my chest and sang every word of that lovely song. My heart was too full to sing--so I just cuddled him back and enjoyed his small voice singing such tender words.

Oh, my dear boy, it is my deepest hope every day that you will remember those words forever. And remember along with them that you are mine. And I love you.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Um how did you get me crying after writing so few words?

Well said sis.

Anonymous said...

I didn't expect such tender sentiments but I am also in tears. How sweet that you captured that moment in words to reflect on down the road.

Krista said...

that is so sweet. I needed a good reminder today why it is important for children to go to church. thanks.

Bobbi said...

Your energetic boy has such a tender, endearing side to him. This is a sweet note from a loving mom. My wish is the same for him.

Mamie Coffey said...

Thanks for posting. it reminded me of sweet memories with each of my girls. I needed that today. you rock.