Friday, June 8, 2007

Wedding Weekend

A week ago at this time I was frantically trying to get ready after hosting overnight guests, lining up a babysitter and getting my kids down for much needed naps. Why was I doing all of this? Joseph's cousin, Elizabeth, got married last week and we were involved in all the festivities (including a wedding dinner last Friday up in Brigham City). I always stress about date nights and leaving the kids behind but when I am finally out the door with my hair done and make-up on if I am lucky, I finally relax (especially if I have a killer CD to crank and sing along to as I drive :)

Anyway, the wedding dinner was lovely, the wedding beautiful, and the reception very chic and stylish--just like Liz. We brought our kids along for the final event--the reception at the Salt Lake Country Club. Liz's family lives in my old neighborhood and it was fun to show my babies off to those who knew me when I was just a kid. Plus, Joseph and I had hardly seen them since we'd been away from them attending wedding events and we were missing them. It was a busy and rushed weekend but it was well worth celebrating such a devoted and righteous and happy couple. Congratulations Liz and Nick!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute pictures! I can tell Liz is related to Ruth Ann in that one photo- pretty face!

the mushers are looking especially mushy! Thanks for letting me have them for an afternoon

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you survived the craziness of that wedding! I hope they appreciated all of the work that you and Joseph put into it. Your contributions make everything so much better!