Thursday, June 21, 2007

Splash Park


Yesterday evening my kids were very restless. Caroline fought and fought her afternoon nap for almost 2 hours and by that point she had woken Bentley up after endless grunting and cooing and playing and whining in her bedroom next door to his. At 4:00 pm I realized we needed a distraction so I packed the kids up in the car and drove to the nearby splash park (normally we would have just walked over but a) it was about 95 degrees outside and 2) the tires on my double stroller are all flat and need to be repaired) We ended up having a great time. Bentley got soaked over and over again while Cares bravely reached out for the splashes and sprays. She laughed (and inhaled deeply) every time the cold water touched her skin.

When we got home Cec and her kids came by to eat Wendy's dinner and play for a while. Bentley, Will and Ethan headed upstairs with the basket of cars and played happily for quite while. In the meantime, Cec and I played with the little girls and ending up bathing them together (yay for Maddie to have at least one girl cousin!)

I think we need to have late afternoon activities more often! The kids both went to bed easily, fell asleep quickly, and slept until 7:30 am (this is a novelty for us since my kids seem to be the king and queen of all early risers:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for wearing out kids in the water! And thanks for letting us stop by for a quick bite last night! The girls were so cute in the tub and the boys played cars so well together. We need to join you in your next splash park activity.

Heidi said...

That sounds fun! I love the view the park has of the wasatch in the background- sigh, I miss Utah.

Bobbi said...

Utah misses you, too, Heidi! Thanks for the pictures, Carrie. I love worn out, summer day children. They always seem to grow more in the summer, and be healthier, and sleep better from all the activity and fresh air. Yay, summertime!

Katherine said...

What fun!! Your kids are so darling. I love that the listing technique is still solidly in place...a) 2) c) etc. I am so excited to get together with you next month. We need to plan a day or two...