Friday, June 15, 2007

This is Summer

The past week has finally felt like a typical summer week. The kids and I have headed out at every opportunity and now we just need some down time :) Here's what we did:

Monday
: dropped the kids at Grandma Bobbi's so I could grab lunch with a girlfriend who's having relationship turmoil in her marriage. Met Mary at Downeast Outfitters to look at T-shirt ideas for our Sun Valley trip. Rushed back to my parents' house to see my Dad before he headed back to work. When he pulled out of the garage he scratched up the side of my car (mostly just the paint) and then advised me to go have it buffed out so we could see what the damage really was. Scheduled time to do that on Wed. with my mom so we could drop the car off and then take the kids to her house to play. Met Joseph at the pool for Quiznos Subs and FHE.
Tuesday: headed to the pool--just me and the 2 kiddies. Got a silly sunburn on my back because I put my own sunblock on and did a horrible job! Made manicotti and shelled edamame beans for dinner.
Wednesday: met my mom at the car wash (for a cleaning and buffing). We piled in to her car to grab lunch and go back to her house until the car was done. The kids played with all her fun new toys and loved cruising around her deck and yard (just as they had done Monday when she watched them!). Had leftovers for dinner and then Bentley and I watered the dead spots in our yard and our new plants which were looking a little droopy. Watched So You Think You Can Dance--my very favorite TV show--ever.
Thursday: met Krista and Mary at the Cottonwood Heights pool. Saw my neighbor there who live 4 doors down. We laughed that we had driven clear across the valley just to take our kids swimming! Came home for nap time like we always do (and avoided a sunburn since Krista graciouslsy helped me apply sunblock). I made parmesan chicken--thanks for the yummy and easy recipe Heid,--tomato basil salad (with basil from my garden!) and cut up fresh watermelon. After dinner I headed out for a haircut and bikini wax (ahhh--the drama of being a woman :) Watched SYTYCD results show when I got home.

Today we are home and I am still in my PJs :) Feels good. We are planning on heading to Gateway for dinner and some Father's Day shopping. We'll also let Bentley run around in the Olympic fountains (they ARE right across from the Apple store...)

A funny story from my 3 year old: Bentley asked Joseph a few days ago if he was his father. Joe said "that's right. And what is mommy?" Bentley replied "in the kitchen." Joseph went on to ask about children and so Bentley said "am I your son?" Joe told him he was and then asked "what's Caroline?" Bentley replied "a doctor." He's too fun.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

ha ha ha LOL Beans is a hoot. he is so lucky to have one father and one "in the kitchen".

Your week sounds very busy but fun with time with mom and dad and yummy cooking and of course pool time!! I have been thinking what you were up to this week without Cec in town. When do you leave for Sun Valley?

Heidi said...

PS- you know I love SYTYCD too! Did you love the Mia Michaels piece? I knew you would.

Carrie said...

Of course I loved it!! I am always wanting to do her choreography sooooo bad--it is just too cool.

We leave for Sun Valley on June 26. We've been trying to stay busy and not miss Cec :) Too bad though--we miss her!

Heidi said...

Okay I win for most comments in day! I also had to tell you I LOVED the Wade Robison (Robson?) number- did you like that one?

Carrie said...

um, yes--I heart Wade Robson! He is so unique and funny in his movement but very technically precise. His pieces are the only ones Joe really likes to watch--we get a kick out of them and then rewind and watch them again!

Bobbi said...

Such funny Bean stories! I was glad to have the time with you this week, but so sorry about your car. I love Mia Michael's choreography, too. I can picture you dancing it. Would Joe catch you? Some of those dances made me tear up, they were so beautiful and well-danced. What's up with lame Benji??