Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Boring

I have been a boring blogger of late. No new pictures to share, nothing too fancy going on to document, just life carrying on as always. I did see my OB today and guess who is getting a pelvic exam in 2 weeks? Lucky (?) me, but I do look forward to knowing if this baby is getting ready to arrive or wanting to stay put—I love knowing that kind of thing and whether I should really be getting ready or relaxing about it all for now.

The kids are off of school for the next 3 days which will be a nice change in routine and break from rushed mornings. I am always up by 7:45 am to make Bentley's lunch and send him out the door with Joseph by 8:00. I get all sorts of things done before 9:00 (today I peeled and chopped veggies to start with a crock pot beef roast) but after that I feel so sleepy again. That's when it's time for a "Dora nap" while the girls are enamored by a show. Needless to say we usually start the day quite slowly around here.

In other news Olivia is mostly done with afternoon naps. It's not that she won't take them, but that when she does, her bedtime gets thrown way off. I cannot get her to sleep before 9:00 pm and then I feel like my evening is cut so short. I like my kids in bed early. So, many days of the week we are now skipping out on naps and hanging out together. Olivia is the sweetest of companions when the 2 of us are alone together—we have lovely outings to the mall, Costco, the grocery store, the dr's office and the school. I suddenly feel like I have a lot of freedom when we can head out during the afternoon—and often times a moody toddler come 5:00 pm too :) But I love it when Livs goes to sleep easily and sleeps for 12 straight hours at night. It makes me think that the change is worth it.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Funny I was just going to comment and I got a comment from you. :) It's that time of night when you just want to veg huh. Now a pelvic exam? Have you had that before? Keep me posted. I think that is so awesome that Livs is such a good little sleeper. 12 hours is fabulous. And it must be nice to have the afternoons to get away and run errands too although that is my sleepy time. :)

Heidi said...

You may feel like a boring blogger but the next few weeks are about to get very exciting!

Anonymous said...

The day to day is never boring. It is what life is made of. You will be glad you recorded the "mundane" so that someday you can reflect back on this busy life with little ones.

How I miss my evenings alone! I am so grateful Connor is my napper still. After not having a good napper in my first three kiddos, Connor's rests are a definite tender mercy that have helped me survive the past year+.

Bobbi said...

Leaving that napping stage is always a hard time for the mom. I loved the quiet afternoons that allowed me to make dinner, rest, and gear up for the after school onslaught kids, carpools, dinner, baths, etc. But having a quiet evening is valuable, too. I agree with Cec, regular life isn't boring. And you are soon to leave that "boring" behind!

Flori said...

Losing the nap is a hard transition, especially when they are SO cranky in the early evenings! But it is nice when they will just go to bed and pass out!! Bea has been really tired with preschool and even still I sometimes try to get her to nap, or at least rest. But usually I'm the one who ends up asleep and she crawls over me and starts to play!