Sunday, November 27, 2011

Decorating Weekend




All is decorated and ready for our beloved Christmas holiday! Each year I am more and more grateful for my darling little helpers. They get so excited over every new thing we pull out and then get right to work finding a home for each ornament or stocking or Nutcracker. We worked most of the day Friday once we were home from the cabin and got so much done. Cares happily (and carefully) set up our lovely pewter nativity set and Bentley helped carry tupperwares full of decor up from the storage room for me—hooray!

Sweet Livs helped a lot with the tree after reading each and every Christmas book (hair in her eyes and all :)

Yesterday Joseph worked on yard/garden/lawn furniture clean-up while I sewed Christmas PJ's for the kids. We also met up with Ruth Ann and Neil for dinner, and then made a family run to Target. Once the kids were snuggled up in bed, I hit the movie theater with my mom, big sis and 2 sisters-in-law to see the new Twilight movie. Afterwards we realized that low expectations are the key to a great movie! But just getting out for a bit and hanging with the girls was quite refreshing too.


5 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm doing an advent activity with our Christmas books this year, to drag out the excitement a little.

can Joe come do my lights now too? ;-)

Pugsley said...

Do you use a pattern? I was thinking of making some pj pants for my girls, but I really dislike pattern shopping--rather just use a suggestion. You are always an inspiration!

Flori said...

I'm proud of you for making pJS. I didn't this year and am kind of regretting it. It's fun for me. Be sure to show pictures when you're done!

Bobbi said...

Looks and sounds like lots of holiday industriousness! And the movie was fun! Glad you can still make it for a girls' night out.

Anonymous said...

The house looks so pretty! I need to see it in person. And I can only imagine Justice Beaver enjoying each and every book...with hair in her face.

Cath told me about an advent with her Christmas books and I love the idea...I bet that is the same as what Heidi is talking about. I may do it for next year because I wasn't on the ball at the end of the holidays last year to get the books wrapped up. Much better chance this year since I am not preggo!