Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Past Few

Life has seemed to run away from me the past few days. And when I settle down in the evening after all are in bed I am too tired to do much more than just sit on the couch with my feet up, and maybe catch a show or 2. Who knew such a simple thing could feel like such a luxury?

Joseph was filming his cousin's wedding both Thursday and Friday nights so I was on my own with the kids. We had fun, eating dinner super early, dropping by the library, reading all together before helping each kid find their way to bed. I did join Joseph at the wedding reception on Friday from about 4 until 7 and it was fun to steal a behind the scenes peek at everything. Catherine (the newlywed cousin) and Preston had the most gorgeous reception basically down the street from my parents' house--I never even knew the lovely yard and home existed there. I thought the whole event could have been straight out of an Anthropologie catalog with all the vintage details accompanied by both classic and quirky aspects. I would have taken some great pics but Joseph was filming with our Nikon and we only ended up with a few still shots:





A still shot from video at the temple--had to capture Catherine's gorgeous dress...

On Saturday Joseph took Beans and Cares to fulfill a cleaning assignment at the church and then we hit some stores looking for Halloween costumes and inspiration for the kids. Bentley's plan is the trickiest because he wants to be a bat--not Batman, just a straight-up bat with wings that attach from his arms to his waist (I know this because he has specifically described what the wings should look like to me many times). We ended up with a black hoodie from Wal-Mart and the idea to create his costume from an old umbrella. I am pretty sure I am leaving that job up to Joseph who has an incredible eye for making such things.

Today the big kids had their Primary Program at church and were thrilled to share their memorized parts and sing with gusto. They love those sweet songs and I do too. While the hubby and I were making lunch right after church today the kids were upstairs playing and cute Bentley, in his high little boy voice, was singing "and if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior's voice." Happy music in my home :)

 Livs allowed me to french braid her hair last night to match Caroline's...and she left the braids in for all of 10 minutes. She looked so grown-up with her hair all done (minus the binkie :)

 Cares thought this giant zucchini from the Horsley's was hilarious, and also quite cuddly.


5 comments:

Krista said...

What a pretty wedding! Her dress is really cool. Joseph is so nice (and you are too) to video the whole thing! wow! I wore my black dress like your red/pink one you had on today. Perfect for pregnancy too. My kids had their program too today. It was super fun to see them both up there. We've been listening in the car too and Kai sings all the time around the house. :) Love that too.

Heidi said...

I like her fall wedding colors and gorgeous dress!

That zucc is huge

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cake and dress for a stunning couple. Sidney was telling me yesterday about the bride's unhappiness with the bridal portraits and the ribbons on the candy apple boxes. She seems like quite a perfectionist.

I have more zucchinis just like that one if your other kids want to snuggle one! Guess I need to be better about checking my plants.

Bobbi said...

Catherine looks like she stepped out of Bride Magazine--so beautiful.
I didn't know the Primary Program was yesterday--so sorry to be out of town and miss it. I love Liv's hair in the braid.

Flori said...

Thanks for the pics--she is a gorgeous bride! Wow. I will claim that DNA, yes. :)