Wednesday, September 14, 2011

FHE

This week we opted for a lively game of Halloween memory during Family Home Evening:

I made the game from an idea I recently saw in a magazine (can't remember which one it was: Better Homes and Gardens? Redbook? Something like that.) The picture isn't great but there are 8 matching images all on 8x8 squares. It was a big hit and the kids have been playing it after school the past few days. I think we are all getting excited that fall is right on our heels.

A few weeks ago we used The Friend to help us learn about keeping our bodies clean and pure and then we followed a little maze/game to test what we had learned. Another FHE success.


 Last year I started planning out 4 weeks worth of FHEs and adding them to our family's Cozi calendar. It took about 10 minutes of planning each month to save us any worry about what we'd do on Monday night. During the summer I hardly calendared at all but now I am getting back in the groove and so enjoy the order it brings to our lives. I am kind of a scheduling nerd like that :)


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Halloween! Love that you guys are already doing it. I keep debating on when to get out the Halloween decorations.

I am a scheduling nerd too. But for FHE I always just use my primary lesson from the day before (always printing out extra coloring pages or extra craft supplies), revised, so that makes it a cinch to plan. One day when I no longer have this calling I will have to be more on top of it.

Anonymous said...

I love Cozi and it is helping me stay so organized! Ok, not that I am super organized but I am more organized than I was before!

I am debating when to get out the fall stuff too. I love it but it means a lot of work...so I maybe need to schedule in a day.

FHE has been lacking during the summer but we are back on track now. We are using the first Monday of the month to discuss an article of faith so that lesson is easy. I figure, you never have to stop learning about them so we will just have this be our standard lesson once a month until we have no more children! The other lessons require more thought but I love that I have that one as a permanent plan.

Krista said...

love the schedule part. I've heard of this site but I don't know if it will just be one more site for me that I'll forget. Do you love it? FHE looks like a blast. I'm sure my kids would love to come over. :)

Bobbi said...

Good ideas for FHE! I do love the summer chaos, and then it gets tiring and the fall organization time is so welcome. Besides, as your fam grows, you just have to try to be organized. The website sounds like a helpful one.