Sunday, September 4, 2011

In Other News

While I seem to be focused solely on my babe and her toilet skills, life outside that bubble has really been so lovely this week.

On Monday, while Bentley was at school, the girls and I met up with Joseph for a little lunch date over in Draper. It felt so nice to just have two kids with us and the girlies thought it was so cool for Joseph to be out with all his girls at once.



Later in the week Joseph planned an evening outing at 7 Peaks. He took Cares and Bentley and cousins Maddie and Will shortly after school ended and they stayed until closing. The kids had a blast and loved the empty water park but more so the time they spent with cousins.





Cousin Tiago and his family met up with Joseph that night too. I love this little crew of kids finding their way to the next fun thing...

Today we decided to keep Livs home from church and perfect the potty thing for one more day (Joseph attended sacrament meeting with big kids and then he came home to take over while I went). Livs did so well today with no accidents and about 5 pees in the toilet. We decided to get out of the house all together for a bit after dinner and go for a family walk. We walked over to the church where Bentley could ride his bike far and free and the girls could explore all around. Joseph and I sat on the shady grass and watched the children play. I truly love times like that when all my kids are active and curious and can take great care of themselves and each other--it feels like such easy parenting :)






4 comments:

Heidi said...

Two little sissies pushing their dollies- love it!

Heidi said...

Hi Carrie! I haven't been a part of the blogging world in a long time, but I wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy and yay for baby boys! I am so excited for you! I'm still getting used to having four kids, but so far so good! take care!

Anonymous said...

Smart move on keeping Livs home from church! So glad she is doing well.

Thanks again for the invite for Will and Maddie to join in the fun at 7 peaks. That is already a favorite summer memory. I love how Maddie told me that she was missing Cares so much that night, right after they had been together for 4 hours. So sweet.

Bobbi said...

Happy family play times--so pleasant on a summer's evening. Cutie pie girls with their strollers! And Bentley is so big!