Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Goodbye Acura

Our fabulous Acura hit the 150,000 mile mark and along with it came a few repair issues. Expensive repair issues. And so, we felt ready to try something new and invest our money in a new car rather than our old one.

Beans in the Acura as we cleared out our stuff

Last night we became the proud owners of a Toyota Highlander. Ever since Joseph brought home the 2011 Consumer Reports all about cars, I have been hoping for a Highlander (top ranks in all categories). Actually, I have been wanting one since about 2002 (when we opted for a more affordable Xterra instead) but our time finally came. I love it and feel like it's the perfect car for our family. I am such an SUV girl--especially because my parents' cabin requires 4 wheel drive to get to it most months of the year. Oh, and not to mention I live in snowy Utah.

the new Highlander

It was sad to let our Acura go. My parents owned it before we did and it was such a reliable, comfortable, good car. We all really loved it.

Goodbye Acura!

Now, any tips on keeping a new car clean and nice when 3 kiddos will be riding in it with me? Do I truly need to enforce the no food rule?



5 comments:

Krista said...

wow! awesome. I think it is just plain hard to not give kids food in the car...I opt for the inside/out clean every couple months by professionals for $15. That makes me really happy. Then my kids are happy to eat in the car too. How would we ever manage without snacks.

Bobbi said...

Can I admit I teared up over saying good-bye (long-distance) to the Acura? A truly great car. The new Highlander is a beauty, and a new car is fun. Congrats!

brittanydaw said...

Fun Fun! That was one we reallly considered... You'll have to let us know how you like/love it!
My car becomes DISGUSTING (like I am very embarassed to have anyone in it) if I let the kids eat in it. We took TWO hours to clean it a few weeks ago and it looks awesome so we said no more food in the car, and so far it is great. My biggest problem is I don't get back in the back of the car where they sit to see what they are doing and it can get really gross (old apple cores, candy stuck to the carpet, old juice filling the cup holders!). Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sad to say goodbye to the Acura!!! What an awesome car it was.

Fun to have a new car though...I can't wait to see it! You should have bought 15 passenger van though so that we could ride together with all of our kiddos to our activities! I miss those days when we could fit in the same car with our little ones :-(.

Heidi said...

Hurray for a new car, I am a SUV lover as well...