Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Best Treat

I am dying over these gingersnaps lately.
They truly are super soft and chewy (from food.com )

2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup sugar, on plate for later


1. Mix the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves well and set aside.
2. In another bowl mix with a beater 1 to 2 minutes the sugar, margarine, egg and molasses.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix by hand.
4. Take one good size tablespoons of dough (or more to make a bigger cookie) and roll into a ball.
5. On a plate put at least a 1/4 cup of sugar.
6. Then roll the balls into the sugar.
7. Bake at 350 on an ungreased cookie sheet (air-insulated type is the best) for 10 to 12 minutes.

Delish. These remind me exactly of the gingersnaps my neighbor across the street used to make whenever she had a lemonade stand. Even if I ran the stand with her my family and I ended up spending good money on those cookies!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe...my mouth has been watering for them ever since you talked about them last night!

I think I will be making them as an after school snack for my kiddos today.

Krista said...

mmmm. you must be reading my mind. i don't know if I have molasses though...

Heidi said...

ginger, huh?

I'll have to try these!

Lizzy said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe! Can't wait to try them!