Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Classic Bentley Story


As told by Joseph via email this morning:

Last night, when I was driving Bentley and Caroline to the library, I overheard an interesting conversation with some new doctrine about faith. This is how it unfolded:

Bentley: Hey Cares, tomorrow I might win a million dollars.

Caroline: Really?

Bentley: No. Because that's not having faith.

Caroline: Oh. [slightly confused]

Bentley: Having faith doesn't mean you believe in something funny or weird. It means you believe in something real. Like I have faith that tomorrow I will say my prayers.

Caroline: Oh... [completely confused]

Bentley: It means you believe in something that you know will happen. Like I know everyday when I come from school I'll have to do a poop. Well, it might be in the morning sometimes but I know I'll go poop every day. Or sometimes more than once in a day if I have diarrhea.

Caroline: Oh! [no longer confused]

At this point I chime in: "Are we still talking about faith?" Both kids erupted into silly laughter which could not be contained until we got to the library.

Guess we've got a good idea of what to talk about for FHE this week. We've got some explaining to do... right after we poop.


11 comments:

Flori said...

love it. I do so enjoy kids' explanations about things!

Heidi said...

Ba ha ha ha faith in pooping

Marianne said...

THAT was the BEST POST EVER! I almost fell out of my chair laughing. What a funny kid.

Bobbi said...

I am falling out of my chair laughing!
Hilarious.

brittanydaw said...

Haaa haa haa haa! So funny! I often wonder what conversations my little ones have--or what they share at church, etc. So glad Joseph caught that one!

Anonymous said...

Just awesome.

The Mutant Tenor said...

Oh my goodness! Very interesting logic, to say the least.

Miki said...

Could we have him share that in Primary on Sunday? Perhaps an object lesson? Sooooo funny!!

Mariposa said...

i especially love the logic about perhaps having to poop more than once if it's diarrhea. yes, classic indeed!! :)

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, ha ha ha ha! That's hilarious, what a funny guy!

Krista said...

awesome!!