Friday, June 17, 2011

4th Time Pregnant

*Almost 11 weeks pregnant
*Due January 9th
*Felt like throwing up since just after Mother's Day. Lucky me.

It's hard to write about feeling nauseated when I feel so submerged in it. But during the past 2 days I've started to feel a few spells of "normal" here and there--I am so grateful for small breaks. And this past week I haven't felt nearly as exhausted which has been amazing for my laundry piles and "to do" lists.

Feeling crappy is typical for me with each pregnancy but I certainly feel more helpless with more little children around who are surely feeling neglected. I have never seen my kids more thrilled to see their dad come home from work in the evening--"Finally! Someone who can actually play with us and pay attention to us!" Those are truly happy times for me too :)

Honestly, somedays it seems like a miracle that I figure out lunch and dinner for 3 children and me especially when the mere idea of food makes me queasy--and yet it is the only thing that calms my tummy. Getting kids dressed (really just Livs--the others are pros on their own) and everyone fed may be all I chalk up to the day. And if I fit in a morning and afternoon nap it is a huge bonus. It's quite a risk to have 3 playful children roaming about the house and playing together while I take 20 minutes to snooze on the couch. But they are good kids--just awesome at making huge messes while I close my eyes. I really am lucky that they play happily together and that Bentley and Cares are willing to help Livs fill a sippy cup with water or refill her bowl with cereal. I love to hear her call out "Bent! You help me?"

Here's to bolstering my energy and surviving the remaining weeks of nausea. I have averaged about 14 weeks of off and on sickness with each kid so I planning on more of the same. And then I plan on an action packed 2nd trimester for sure.

One more thing, I am bracing myself for a Christmas baby because that is just so something that would happen me. I never wanted to have a baby in December so of course I will :) Cares and Livs arrived right at 37 weeks so 3 weeks early is no longer a surprise around here...but we'll see...

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick. It is really a miracle that our kids survive when all you can do is lay on the couch with the hope hubby comes home to save the day! By the way, we didn't find out we were pregnant until about 4 days after we arrived home from seeing you guys at Vocal Point. I would have spilled the beans to you if we had known :) So sorry your sick! So happy this baby is coming!

Anonymous said...

The more kiddos to take care of makes it harder to be pregnant each time. I hope that it passes quickly and that you have a very productive 2nd trimester!

Heidi said...

The fact that you are already having a few good moments at 11 weeks amazes me and I am hoping this will be over in the blink of an eye. If I lived by you I would have your kids over everyday to play while you rest. Can you imagine the heaven that would be for Max? Anyway, I still don't know if you are going to find out the sex or not...

Carol said...

Congratulations Carrie!!! I am so happy for you and your darling family. I hope you get feeling better really soon and until then... let the kids make messes while you rest...that's what I say. Really, so so happy for you!

Bobbi said...

This part of pregnancy is sooo hard. It's really amazing that women choose to get pregnant after having experienced morning sickness that first time. I'm proud of your courage
and want to help--I wish you lived closer, too! Seriously, bring the kids over to me, I will be happy to watch those little darlings for you.