Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sewing

I don't know what it is about *September but I always get antsy to sew something. And then I do and feel super accomplished, and then wait a whole year before sewing anything else. Not the best way to build up my skills...

But the YW in my ward have been making scripture bags the past 2 weeks and after helping them cut and iron and sew I felt like I should make one for/with Cares. She was so excited to choose out fabrics and help hold the ruler as we cut and measured. She even sat right by my side while I was on the machine to keep me company :)

This is what we came up with:


Cares showing off the matching interior

and since we were tricky and used photo booth to take pics of the bag,
we had to take some silly pics too.

*Maybe this is secretly motivating me?


5 comments:

Heidi said...

What a fun project to work on together. Cares looks way proud of her scripture bag.

Pugsley said...

I love your little projects--I sew about once annually as well. Do you use patterns? I would love a little project like that, and Hazel loves bags!

Anonymous said...

Love the finished product! I totally want to sew...it has been too long.

Bobbi said...

Very cute bag! Cares looks pleased to be included. Projects are fun, but life gets in the way too much!

Maggie said...

So cute. I bet she'll love taking it to church or carrying toys around the house in it. Nice work.