Sunday, September 19, 2010

No, no, no

I am home from a fabulous girls' weekend away and have just in the past hour realized that my camera is lost. Actually, it is not even my camera but Joseph's--his fancy, amazing Nikon SLR that I wasn't even going to take but at the last minute, packed it anyway (and put it to good use!)

This morning it was in my carry-on bag until security pulled it out to rerun it through the X-ray machine. I remember slinging both the camera bag and my carry-on over my shoulder and then putting my shoes back on. But after that I do not remember carrying 2 things instead of one--and somehow my brain thought I just had the one carry-on. I was home for a few hours before I even realized I didn't have my camera anymore. Why is my brain so fried?

I have made many calls in the hopes of finding it--I don't even know if I left it at the airport or on the airplane. And I am just sick about it. Such a dreadful way to end an amazing weekend.



5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh NOOOOO I feel sick about it too! Can you call the airport to see if by some miracle it was turned in? Bummer sis. I'm glad you had a fun weekend before that though and I'd love to hear about it, even photoless.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I heard you right when you told me that on the phone! I thought you said you left it home so you didn't even get any pictures. Your phone kept cutting out and I don't think I can hear very well with such a congested head.
This is TERRIBLE! I hope someone has it and turns it in. Stinks to lose the camera but stinks even more to lose those photographs...did anyone else take any pictures?
Glad you are back and that you had fun. Again, I am SOOOOOO sorry that I couldn't take your kiddos on Friday. I felt so bad calling Joe but there was no way I could do it feeling as sick as I was. I owe you a big babysitting day and I know my kiddos want to do it so we will plan something down the road.

Krista said...

oh nooooo. I am so sad for you. I would be soooo sad. Pray for someone honest.

Katherine said...

Oh no!!!! I am sick about it too. Not only was it a really great camera, it had all those pictures on it. BLAST!! I hope someone is enjoying those last few that we took...
So sorry. :(

Heidi C said...

Carrie, I feel your pain, if you've had a chance to read my blog lately you will see what happen to ours last week! But I hope you had fun with the girls, I hope to make it next year!