Thursday, September 9, 2010

5 Things

1) I'm wearing this Nordy's sale find today. It's super soft and I love how it feels like a cardigan and a scarf.


2) I wasn't going to watch Bachelor Pad this summer...but now that I have (catching up from my DVR) I am dying over it because it is such a mess! Elizabeth alone makes that show too funny to me--but if I knew her in real life I think I would be seriously scared of her with those emotions all over the place and all sorts of crazy revealing itself. Great TV :)

3) I learned how to make these fun necklaces from my friend Jennie a few weeks ago and now I am just a little bit hooked.


4) Did anyone see the Nickelodeon Mega Music Fest? We caught a repeat on Tuesday morning and my kids are in love with all the characters singing I Gotta Feeling. I'd post a video if I could find one--we just keep listening to it on our TV from the recorded episode. Laurie Berkner's song Family is pretty fun too.

5) I booked tickets to Chicago for all 5 of us next month! We are going to stay with Johnny and Krista in Evanston and do all we can with our kids to explore the city, bond with cousins, and snuggle new baby Anders (a huge treat for me...and my tiny mom in training Miss Caroline.) Joe's little brother Bob is starting a new accounting job there this month so it will be fun to see him too. I am especially looking forward to hanging out as adults in the evenings when the kids are in bed, and shopping along Michigan Ave. Such a cool city--we are super excited.

Last time we were in Chicago together, October 2000

Dinner at Ralph Lauren
Old pics are such fun :)



4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Love your sweater, love my necklace, haven't watched Nick or Bach Pad, love Chicago, and LOVE the old pics of us and you there! We had such a great time with you! Have fun on this next visit in that very cool city.

Heidi said...

1. I had a maternity sweater like that and loved it too. I could wrap it up or let it hang loose.

2. Hooked on Bachelor Pad too and Elizabeth is a MESS!

3. If you find you have made too many necklaces I will take one off your hands ;-)

4. We love Laurie Berkner's "family"- they play it a lot on NickJr.

5. How funny that it has been exactly ten years since you were in Chicago last.

Anonymous said...

1. Perfect day for that sweater. I have a similar style (no stripes) that I am anxious to wear with this expanding belly!

2. Totally hooked on the trashy TV mess that is Bachelor Pad and yes, Elizabeth is a hot mess. And I can't stand Tenley either.

3. Loving those necklaces. Can we make a themed one for the Halloween?

4. "Family" is a great song! I heart Laurie Berkner (in small doses).

5. You know that my heart is in Chicago. You will have a wonderful time with the kiddos and the LeBaron crew while you are there. Maybe I need to come along...who knows if I can make our annual trip in December this year. I wouldn't mind holding that sweet baby as well. Love those old pictures. Wait, is 10 years really "old?"

Heidi C said...

Carrie-
Can I pay you to make me one fo those necklaces, I think they are really cute!