Monday, September 27, 2010

Finding Fall

Saturday, September 25th

Silver Lake

The rich, golden aspens were stunning (and I'm afraid my old Olympus didn't do them justice...but at least we had a camera to use, right?)

We continued up the mountain behind Silver Lake


Even after soccer games these 2 were eager for an adventure




I love spotting these little hikers in the bottom of so many shots

Climbing higher--I love the view behind the kids

and finally up to Twin Lakes


proof that my hubby carried a heavy toddler all the way up the mountain!

Livvies at the lake--she loved the grainy sand and eating snacks--simple pleasures :)

and giving kisses

Cares needed one too on the way back down


Golden leaves scattered all over the trail--made for a gorgeous setting. We love our mountains.


6 comments:

Heidi said...

Why are you so tan? O yeah, from Cali.

Looks beautiful! I heart fall

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! The aspens are just lovely right now. We did the Alpine Loop yesterday and the other colors were not as vibrant...it is so dry up there.

Katherine said...

I ache for the mountains this time of year. I LOVE to see fall pics!!

Krista said...

what a fun family hike with your cute family. the trees are beautiful.

Bobbi said...

Such beautiful scenery in a wonderfully close canyon. Your kids have too much energy for me, so I'm glad you let them burn it off a little. Your little Olympus sure brought out some beauty.
Dad

Bobbi said...

(Hmm, we need to get Dad his own name thing. I was baffled when I saw a comment from me and I was sure I hadn't read the post yet!)
Breat shots even with your old camera. Love the golden colors and your intrepid little hikers. And your brown tan!