Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dates


These 2 are off on a special daddy-daughter date as I type. Joseph took our darling girl to the theater--so elegant! They are seeing Pirates of Penzance and I just discovered this sweet picture in my inbox from their date:


I really love Caroline's dress. So much so that I think I want this one for myself. But I will have to use my "inside sources" at Shabby Apple to help me decide if it would really suit me.

Random thought: every single time I think of Pirates of Penzance I think of this: "I liked it so much I almost peed my pants!" Some movies I have just seen way too many times...

Earlier in the week we grabbed our neighbors and headed over to the temple for a family date night. The kids loved being there and basically explored the grounds at full speed having all sorts of fun. Once we entered the gates and got closer to the temple we tried to help them be more calm and respectful--which may have worked because a temple worker kindly invited them inside to sit in the foyer and simply feel the spirit in the temple. I loved that concept and hope Bentley and Caroline will always remember the feeling they had inside there that day.




We love our temple. And great friends. And eating frozen yogurt at Yogurt Vibes to end our fun date night.




4 comments:

Heidi said...

Is Cares little dress from Shabby too? She does look super cute in it.

I love your little family photo too. Good background, fun colors, beautiful eternal family!

Anonymous said...

That dress is divine! I need one for Maddie.

Love the outings. The temple idea with neighbors is a great one and that picture is really cute of your family.

How did Caresie like the play? Maddie is complaining that we NEVER take her on dates anymore. I told her not to complain because I rarely get to go on dates and even though I am going on one tonight, we will be spending our date driving football carpools at 5:30, 6, 7:30, and 8. Fun times! I guess we can squeeze a quick dinner in there but that is the extent of the outing.

Bobbi said...

What a sweet little confection she is in that dress and seated so demurely in the big chair! I love that the temple worker invited you all into the waiting room, and that you took your kids there to feel the spirit and to bond as a family.

Mariposa said...

carrie, you looked so cute in the purple shabby dress today! I took mine home to my mom to fix and she ended up trying it on and loving it for herself so I had no other choice but to give it to her. I guess that means the polka dot one is mine! yay!