Monday, April 26, 2010

Tulip Festival

Could a spring day get any more glorious than this? The Horsley cousins are off-track right now so I let my little guy skip school today. Bliss for my Beans I tell you. Heid is still in town and it is officially her birthday today, and Max's too. We celebrated by letting the kids run wild together while we soaked up the warm sunshine and gorgeous colors all around.

Get ready for a hundred pics...it was just so beautiful today...

the pink crew

tiny tulips
(Max, as ever, my kids favorite "little brother")


indulging the kids in silly poses...I love these


my happy babe (as long as she had a "nana"--snack)


all the mamas
will my daughters be salt and pepper in comparison--like me with my sissies?

sweet little friends

our best attempt at a LeBaron photo...that Livs was not at all interested

she just wanted to get close to these lovelies

Grandma Bobbi and the gang

Bentley, my loving, gentle lily

Caroline, my passionate little rose

Olivia, my lovely violet

Random sidenote:

When we got home today we looked up the birth flowers for each of the children in our family (depending on their zodiac sign). Bentley's birthday is right on the cusp between Taurus and Gemini so he and I decided he and Cares should have separate flowers even when their birthdays are 3 days apart...


As an Aries, my birth flower is the sweet pea, meaning "blissful pleasure." Yes, please...


6 comments:

Heidi said...

Wait I am not an Aries but it said I am a sweet pea- I guess I am actually a lily like Beans since I am a Taurus.

BEAUTIFUL day!!

Heidi said...

It was blissful for me to be with you all. Those are beautiful grandchildren, and it was a perfect spring day. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

I am a narcissus. Interesting.

Such a beautiful day! Thanks for keeping up the tradition with me and thanks for joining us for lunch :-) afterwards. Always more fun with cousins!

Krista said...

I love the tulip festival. beautiful day and fun to go with your sisters.

Krista said...

and mom of course. :)

Bobbi said...

That 2nd Heidi comment was from me