Friday, April 16, 2010

Here

Just letting the blogosphere know that life has been crazy around here this week. "Crazy" translates to messy, busy, loud, and hard. Our Livs has been one unhappy girl since late Sunday night. She threw-up that night and then started running a relentless fever which finally let up on Wednesday morning. I could not keep up with it, even when giving her the good old Tylenol/Motrin double punch. As soon as the fever abated the poor thing started losing it all out the bottom end. We are on day 3 of this and her sweet baby bum cheeks are soooo red and sore. And to top it off she has a splotchy rash all over her abdomen which started yesterday morning. I don't think it is bothering her at all but it still looks pretty sad. My dad (and dr. for all my immediate health woes) told me not to worry about the rash--that it's a common side affect with gastrointestinal troubles. He thinks Livs has a virus that is just working its way through her system.

at the park last night. a happy moment from our sweet baby Livs. we dragged her along with us on an evening walk. the kids and I were dying to get out and play in the gorgeous weather.


The babe has been sleeping much better since the fever went away but she is still quite needy and really does not want to give me much (or actually any) freedom. We have a date night at the temple planned for tonight and I keep thinking we'll have to cancel our plans. I really don't want to--I would love to be there tonight. I have been feeling it all week long--the need to be there, to write names on the prayer roll (so many beautiful, obedient loved ones who need blessings of healing both physically and emotionally), to remember the blessings I've been promised and the covenants I have made, to feel quiet and calm and very still, and to feel the closeness of the Lord. I hope my baby will cooperate with our plans.


**It is now 9:45 and we are home from our date night. Olivia woke from her afternoon nap in a happier mood than I've seen all week. I was so relieved. We did delay our plans some and opted for a late start so we could get Livs to bed and asleep for the night before we left. It meant we couldn't make our scheduled session but we had plenty of time to do initiatory work instead--something I always love doing. We hit the grocery store together on our way home. Classic date night move for us--I swear we do that all the time lately!

It was a good night.


5 comments:

Bobbi said...

I'm sorry Livs has been sick and needy this week. Those are wearing weeks on a mother, but integral to the role. How lucky she is to have a mother who will meet those needs with love and tenderness and patience (and a messy house!) I'm glad you made it to the temple. The sweet spirit there is just what the dr.(Smith) would have ordered for his patient's parents. Love the picture of Livs smiling!

Anonymous said...

You have had a rough week!!! I am glad Livs is on the mend and that you got out last night. True quiet and peace found in the Temple can be so healing and renewing.

You guys love going to the grocery store for date night!

We went to see Date Night for our date last night and I haven't laughed that hard (you know it is funny when you are crying) for a LONG time. That was another form of much needed renewal.

Heidi said...

I am glad to read you made it on the date night! Is the rash gone on Livs yet?

Krista said...

sorry about little livs. I hope she gets feeling all better soon. glad you could still go on date night. Grocery night date is cool. I'd way rather do it with johnny too.

Heidi C said...

Carrie,
My girls are going through the exact same gunk!! Fortunately only 2 have gotten it but it is no fun!