Saturday, April 10, 2010

Maroon


I discovered Olivia playing with/gnawing on my shoes after lunch yesterday (not an uncommon thing--she is obsessed. It's gross, but they keep her happy).

I saw her in the corner and realized it was suddenly a very maroon spot in my house with my shoes, cardigan and Liv's shirt all gathered in one place. If you asked me point blank I don't think I would even admit to liking that color. And yet the evidence clearly states otherwise. OK, I do like it. I mean I wear those shoes all the time so I must...

And that mohawk on Livs? It stayed for hours. She had grape juice (and some cheese and yogurt) in her hair after lunch and washing it out afterward resulted in that hairdo. Who knew grapes could work like hairspray on baby soft hair? I loved it.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! That hairstyle is great!

I love the color of all those items as well. But maybe it is more fuchsia than maroon? I think maroon has more red than purple in it. And by the way, how weird is the word maroon?

Heidi said...

Livies hair!!! she is a rockstar, of course.

Bobbi said...

Very funny hair. You might be onto a new secret product, grape juice hair gel for babies! I think the color looks like raspberry, maybe? Maroon is from the French "maron" (chestnut). ( It doesn't look at all like a chestnut color to me.)