Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whimsy


A manicure is good for:

1) Dressing up a date night (which Joe and I had on Thursday--the exact reason I decided to paint my nails in the first place)
2) Feeling sassy as I type on the computer





Things that are not good for a manicure:

1) Cleaning the inside of my car
2) Swimming laps
3) Washing bottles and dishes all throughout the day
4) Slicing my thumb open while opening a can of refried beans
5) Changing poopie diapers
6) Bathing kids

Oh well--my purple nails were fun for the 24 hours they lasted. And at least they were free (shoddy from painting them myself, but free :)

7 comments:

Carol said...

That's why I prefer pedicures. I can never get my fingernails to look good for more than one day either. Too much work for our hands to do.

Krista said...

Care you are so cute. Please don't slice your thumb again though. That really took my stomach to a new level. I can't handle any more blood today...Johnny is at the ER as I type to possibly get stitches in the inside of his cheek ewww.

Heidi said...

Oooh those remind me of our sytycd night in Reno , very fun. Careful of those bean cans!

Bobbi said...

I saw them that night and they did look stylin'! Too bad life interferes with our beauty efforts. How is your thumb?

Marianne said...

So fierce, I like. I do need to take some sassy lessons from you. My goal is to be less frumpy.

Anonymous said...

Super Sassy! I got a manicure in Phoenix (it has been about 10 years since I had one) and it looked good for a day. It is just not realistic at this stage of my life.

Sorry to hear about the bean can...I have nightmares about cans ever since I ended up in the ER for 5 stitches after cutting my thumb on a tomato can.

Joseph said...

@Carol: unfortunately a pedicure is no good for Carrie either. She likes to do all those things with her toes too.