Thursday, January 21, 2010

Indulge Me


Today reality shoved its nosy self right into my face: Olivia gave us a 7:00 am wake up call, Cares suddenly developed a case of the barfs (throwing up at 11:00 am right on the living room floor, and then again at 3:00 pm, thankfully in the toilet), Livs pooped while eating her lunch--a surprisingly soft poop which ended up all over her right leg, thigh to ankle, just minutes before we had to get Bentley to school, we scoured the house for Bentley's Leapster and cleaned the whole playroom in the process, I have done 6 loads of laundry and counting, you get the idea. My kids sure know how to welcome me home :) I am so glad I had a 6 day hiatus from all of that "mommy" work to renew my patience and energy. Liv's diaper just made me laugh today and Cares and Beans were excitedly grossed out over her messy jeans--and readily helped me with wipes and new clothes. Big kids are priceless I tell you.

Now that everyone is finally asleep, I am indulging myself in a few more pics from our trip. Humor me...it has been a long day...

the view at dusk from our lanai


just a sample of my hubby's new found obsession with lava


poolside breakfast

Bana-mac waffles in Hilo

Sundae for two--can you tell we love food?




Thank you. That was a lovely refresher. I'm ready for tomorrow :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Banana-mac waffles- yum. Maybe you guys can replicate those at home and pretend you are in Hawaii again.

I love that a 7 a.m. wake up call is early to you and to me it is indulgent sleeping in!

Krista said...

ahhhh. welcome home! It's always a bittersweet thing huh. I'm glad you have good photos to look through. 7 am is WAY early for me. We get up around 8:30 here.

Anonymous said...

Back to life, back to reality. These pictures should definitely help reinvigorate you when you need a lift. Those waffles look wonderful!

Pooh and barf and messes. Is that really what our daily life is made of?

Bobbi said...

Oh, the shock of reality when you are a busy mom. Yes, poop and barf and messes and squabbles and homework and...lots of loves and kisses and heaven. That's the sweet service of motherhood. And, as much as I enjoy my life now, I sometimes miss being needed so much. Thanks for sharing your little ones with me to fill that need. And know that someday you will get to sleep in and go work out and read books a lot more than you do now.
So glad you had fun and yummy food in Hawaii!