Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sick Hubby

The picture is horrible, but can you see my sweet hubby all bundled in bed? He has been in there for most of the day cycling through the stages of feeling kind of okay, steadily developing racking chills, shivering and layering himself in fleece and down, finally warming up and falling asleep, and then waking up covered in sweat as his fever breaks. My poor, sick hubby--he is totally miserable (and I need to keep telling myself this because it is so easy to get frustrated that he has been home all day and yet not able to do a single thing...he tried, good man that he is--but it was no use. He is just too sick).

When my husband wears a hoodie, flannel PJs and warm socks to sleep in, something is really wrong--this from a man who usually wears his underwear around our house, whether it's December or July. Lately he has been gracing us with pajama bottoms though--he's cute in those.

He is currently doped up on NyQuil and just emerged from the bed and came to tell me he needed something. I asked him what and he said "socks." He is already wearing socks--a fact I pointed out to him. So he wandered down the hall, came back with a warm blanket, sat down on the couch, smiled at me and fell right back to sleep. I am soooo tempted to try and mess with him and get him to say funny things. He can be so fun on these kinds of medicines! I will try to be nice :)

5 comments:

Krista said...

ohhhh poor guy. Care be nice. Let the poor man sleep. Does he have the swine? That's the worst thing ever to have fever and then chills. And to hear of him all bundled up is so weird. He always reminds me of Joseph the polar bear.

Anonymous said...

Sad, sad, sad. I hope he feels a bit better tomorrow. And I hope it isn't the swine flu. Sending prayers and love from our house...

Bobbi said...

Same from us (love and prayers)--sooo sorry he is sick. It is totally frustrating to have a hubby home and have him useless! I can't imagine him feeling chilled!

Heidi said...

O man! I feel horrible for him. I hope the rest of you don't get sick too. And that he is all better by Sunday!

Flori said...

Rob has an old huge sweatshirt we call the "woobie". When it comes out, things are DIRE!! Thankfully it hasn't come out this year, but I feel your pain (and Joseph's).

Enjoy the nyquil (and subsequent funnies!)