Friday, January 15, 2010

Here


I just slept for 12 hours. Straight. It was amazing and the exact reason I needed this vacation (did I mention I had 3 hours of sleep the night before we left?)

So we are here and it is beautiful. I think I am developing quite a love affair with the Hawaiian Islands. Yesterday, our flight landed around 1:00 pm so we gathered our bags, our car, and some ice cream bars for lunch and headed to our hotel (it's about 18 miles north of the Kona airport). We hit the beach for a bit, wandered around the grounds, called our beauties back at home, and relaxed by the pool before an early dinner and going to bed. Yes, we were in bed at 7:30 (Hawaiian time--3 hours earlier than at home) and it was heavenly.


Sunset view during dinner last night

We're off for some snorkeling and then whatever else we think of. Vacations are so dreamy.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Fun!!!!! I hope you do daily posts, or close to it. I love reading about all the action as it happens. On the other hand only do it if you are already settled for the night (don't waste day hours on it). Enjoy all the sleep and relaxation and snorkeling and food!

PS- what book did you decide on?

Anonymous said...

Yay, I was hoping you would blog while you were away! I am already missing you.

Sunshine and sleep and sunsets and hmmm, is there anything else that starts with "s" that you could do while you are away on vacation with your hubby? Oh yeah, snorkel. That must be it :-). Enjoy your vacay!

Kristin Sokol said...

This post is making me very excited! Steve and I are going to take a windsurfing lesson. Just an idea...if you don't mind falling in the water 70 times an hour.

Krista said...

Oh, it sounds so heavenly. I wish I could be there!! I'll just describe our dreary no sunshine day. That will make you feel even luckier. We have clouds everywhere and it's COLD. boo. Have the best time!